How To Name a Podcast
Your podcast name should be clearcut and let your listeners know exactly what you’re going to be talking about. Make sure it’s to the point, relevant, and catchy. You can do so by using alliteration or a pun related to a recognizable term in your niche. For example, LePod is easy to remember and people will know you’re going to talk about the NBA and its all-time scorer.
When you try to come up with a name for your podcast, make sure you do the following:
1. Make It Appealing
When you start your podcast, ask yourself:
- What is the topic of your podcast?
- What will my target audience find interesting?
- What will they gain?
- What will keep them coming back?
2. Capture the Tone of Your Podcast
Your podcast name can give listeners an insight into the type of content you create.
3. Choose a Name With Relevancy
Keep your listeners in mind when creating name ideas for your podcast. Think of their everyday conversations and use the same words in your name.
4. Check for Originality
After checking a domain’s availability, examine its originality. You don’t want to use the same or similar name as another podcaster and using a recycled name can cause issues too.
Creative Podcast Names: Things To Consider
Before you settle on a name, you should look at successful podcasts and see how their names help them reach a wider audience. In general, quality podcast names:
Are short: Short names are easy to remember. You want to make it easy for listeners to recommend your podcast to their friends and family.
Avoid numbers and misspelled words: These names are harder to remember and recommend.
Have rhyme or alliteration: Literary-based naming techniques can make your podcast name stand out. Funny podcast names always stand out, or you can even go with completely random podcast names as long as they showcase the type of show you want to run.
Avoid the term “podcast”: It’s overused and easily replaceable with words like “show”, “experience”, “talk”, or something similar.
Best Practices for Using Our Podcast Name Generator
If you need help getting started and coming up with name ideas, our podcast name generator can create 1,000+ ideas in seconds. To get the most out of it, you should:
- Add up to six keywords: The more keywords you add, the more detailed the results will be.
- Use industry filters: Use your niche as an industry filter to make sure our AI-powered generator comes up with relevant ideas.
- Play around with name settings: You can choose how many words and characters you want your name to have. You also have the option to select keyword order and whether the name rhymes. Play around with the settings to see what works best for you.
- Register a domain name instantly: When you select a name, our generator will automatically check to see if the domain is available. If you don’t want to miss out on it, you can register the domain directly.
Tutorial for Creating Podcast Business Name
Best Podcast Name Ideas
The best podcast names tell you what the podcast is about and what kind of coverage you can expect. In other words, the title should suggest whether it’s going to be about serious topics, humoristic, or stat-based.
Best Podcast Name Examples
Some of the best podcast names include:
- History Weekly
- Humor Review
- Fashion Show
- History Review
- Politics Talks
- Comedy Chat
- Comedy Weekly
- Discuss Politics
- Comedy Roundup
- Fashion Daily
Random Podcast Name Examples
- Listen Lilies
- Recap Stream
- Fashion Junkie
- Weekly Recap
- History Junkie
- Favorite Roundup
- Life Nightly
- Study Roundup
- Weekly Life
- Daily Pod
Sports Podcast Name Examples
- Scope Sports
- Stance Talk
- The Sportsman Show
- Endzone Talks
- NBA Daily
- Basket Journeyman
- NBA Review
- Football Tip-off
- Sports Sprawl
- Sports Supply
Generate A Podcast Name Now!
Why Use Our Podcast Name Generator?
Your name is the first interaction listeners have with your brand. They’re keen on original names that entice with a hint of what’s to come. Our generator instantly suggests podcast names with available domains so you can focus on the creative side of the naming process.
Our generator offers:
- Industry filters for over 20 industries.
- Traditional and modern extensions — .com, .io, .store, and more.
- Naming filters that place keywords, insert rhymes, and control your word and character counts.
The ability to save your podcast name ideas for later.
Importance of Creating a Cool Podcast Name
Today, we live in a world where the average attention span is eight seconds. You need a name that’s instantly engaging. While the actual quality of your podcast will be the determining factor of your show’s success, having a cool podcast name is virtually as important. Who cares if your podcast is the best if nobody clicks on the title?
A well-thought-out podcast name can help you attract listeners. If it’s catchy enough, they’ll recall it and remember to tune in again. Try to think of your name as the only means of communication you have with your potential audience.
Our podcast name generator can help you expand that communication with a name that is sharp, memorable, and helps you identify your voice.