How to Use The Clothing & Fashion Brand Name Generator
The clothing brand name generator is really easy to use, and it can create lots of great fashion brand name ideas for you to use for your own fashion brand or clothing company.
The first step is to select some keywords that are relevant to your brand to type into our fashion brand name generator.
Try to use words that are relevant to your business’ products, theme, or story, and enter them into the clothing name generator. Then click “Get Started”.
The generator will take your words and use them to make thousands of fashion brand names ideas. You can read through the list and use filters to narrow it down.
Once you’ve found your favorite clothing brand names, you can quickly confirm domain availability for each one.
When you find a name you love that is available to claim, you can officially make it your own and start your new company!
Benefits of Our Clothing and Fashion Brand Name Generator
- Completely free – Our clothing brand name generator is 100% free to use for all, with no hidden fees or subscription charges for you to worry about.
- Create custom names – The clothing brand name generator can make customized names to suit your specific kind of business, based on any words you choose.
- Hundreds of results – Get more than 1,000 different fashion brand name ideas every time you use this tool, with lots of styles and variations to choose from.
- Useful filters – Apply filters to narrow down your search and hone in on the best fashion brand names for your new company.
- Highly-rated – Countless users around the globe have trusted our clothing line name generator to create names for them, awarding it a five-star rating.
- No limitations – Unlike certain other tools out there, our clothing brand name generator has no limits or restrictions. Use it as often as you like!
The fashion industry is worth 3,000 billion dollars (3 trillion dollars) or 2% of the world’s Gross Domestic Product.
The largest fashion brand in the world is Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy, which is valued at around 122 billion dollars. The largest US-based fashion brand is Nike. Nike is valued at around 105 billion dollars.
The fashion industry’s e-commerce market is predicted to be worth over 1,000 billion by 2025.
There are more than 150 million registered .com domains, and finding one that’s still available is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
The Difference Between Clothing And Fashion Brands
Even though the terms “fashion” and “clothing” are closely related, there are some key differences between them. It’s important to understand what each term means when naming your own business or trying to find the best clothing and fashion brand name ideas.
In general, fashion is quite a broad term, and fashion brands tend to focus on the latest styles and trends. Fashion companies lead the way in terms of defining the hottest styles and most sought-after items, and fashion professionals are often skilled in areas like design and creativity.
Clothing brands or companies, meanwhile, are simply businesses that make and sell clothes. They can be focused on fashion and might produce fashionable or trendy clothes, but they may also simply make clothes that are affordable, functional, or fit in with a particular style, like sporty or casual.
Another difference between the two is that fashion brands may produce or sell a range of items related to fashion, like makeup, accessories, and so on. In general, clothing companies only focus on things that people can wear, like T-shirts, skirts, and dresses.
|Fashion Brand||Focused on producing trendy clothes and adhering to the latest fashions and styles. Can also produce accessories and other style items, like bags and shoes.|
|Clothing Company||Focused on producing clothing, which can include fashionable clothing, as well as functional clothing. Exclusively focused on clothing items, like shirts and dresses.|
20 Fashion Brand Name Ideas
Our fashion brand name generator is the perfect tool for making great fashion brand name ideas. Here are 20 examples of unique, original fashion brand names made with the generator, using keywords like style, vibe, trend, fit, belle, admire, and elegance.
- Avid Style
- Vibe Allure
- Knockout Trends
- Admire Aesthetics
- Dame Elegance
- Scarlet Fit
- Diva Elegance
- Bonjour Style
- Viral Vibe
- Trend Road
- Admire Attire
- Kiss Fit
- Style Society
- Belle Bunny
- Trend Femme
Quick TipYou can also create elegant magazine and newspaper business name ideas like the above using our name generator. In addition to this, our BNG also has different niche-related name generators, such as gym & fitness name generator, agency name generator, festival name generator, and more.
20 Clothing Brand Name Ideas
The clothing brand name generator is also a terrific tool for making all kinds of fun, creative, and eye-catching clothing brand name ideas. Here are 20 more clothing line name ideas using the following keywords: shirts, lingerie, attire, urban, street, threads, and outfit.
- Insignia Shirts
- Street Gear
- Lingerie Princess
- Urban Elegance
- Abstract Attire
- Rebel Threads
- Anchor Shirts
- Ritual Street
- Daisy Lingerie
- Slender Threads
- Urban Topic
- Allure Attire
- Street Slick
- Lineage Threads
- Idol Attire
- Peachy Lingerie
- Urban Mode
Most Popular Name Generators At BNG
The clothing brand names generator is a great choice for creating clothing line name ideas. But there are many more great business name generators you can use at BNG. Here are some of the most popular business name generators you might be interested in:
10 Popular Real Fashion And Clothing Brand Names
Next, let’s take a look at ten real-world clothing and fashion brand names to see what makes them work so well.
|Clothing and Fashion Brand Name||Type of Name||Fashion Style||Target Audience||Name Length||Why it Works|
|Asos||Acronym||General fashion||Online shoppers||1 word, 4 characters||Very short and easy to remember|
|Forever 21||Metaphorical||High-end fashion||Young and youthful shoppers||2 words, 10 characters||Targets shoppers who want to look young and modern|
|Louis Vuitton||Founder Name||High-end fashion||Luxury-oriented shoppers||2 words, 13 characters||Sounds elegant and exotic|
|Hermes||Greek||High-end fashion||Luxury-oriented shoppers||1 word, 6 characters||Short, easy to remember, and intriguing|
|Gucci||Founder Name||High-end fashion||Luxury-oriented shoppers||1 word, 5 characters||Very easy to remember for shoppers worldwide|
|H&M||Invented||General fashion||Casual shoppers||1 word, 3 characters||Very short, with global appeal|
|Uniqlo||Contraction||General fashion||Casual shoppers||1 word, 6 characters||Fun blend of “unique” and “clothing”|
|Net-A-Porter||Wordplay||General fashion||Online shoppers||1 word, 12 characters||Clever wordplay combining “internet” and “pret-a-porter”|
|Nike||Greek||Sportswear and accessories||Sporty shoppers||1 word, 4 characters||Easy to remember and say for people worldwide|
|The North Face||Descriptive||Sportswear and activewear||Outdoor enthusiasts||3 words, 14 characters||Appeals to those who like spending time outside|
Top 10 Tips For Naming Clothing & Fashion Brands
- Analyze the Competition – Check out what kinds of names your rivals are using. Then, use those names as inspiration to help when coming up with your own fashion brand name ideas.
- Position Your Brand – If you want to fit in, use a name that sounds similar to others on the market. If you want to stand out, choose unique words and unusual conventions that defy expectations.
- Find Inspiration Everywhere – Looking at clothing brands can be helpful, but you can find inspiration in many other industries, too. Look at industries like luxury products, cosmetics, and jewelry, for example.
- Research Name Types – There are all kinds of name types, like evocative names that evoke feelings and descriptive names that literally tell people about the company. Find a type of name that matches your business’ vibe and style.
- Avoid Literal Names – Descriptive or literal names can be a bit boring in the fashion world, and they don’t show much creativity. Try to avoid these kinds of names and use more unique, creative, and interesting words and metaphors to draw people to your brand.
- Have a Brainstorm – When you first start making fashion brand name ideas, try to have a brainstorm session. Write down as many words as you can think of to sum up your business’ unique theme and story. This should give you a good head start.
- Make a Shortlist – Once you’ve used our clothing brand name generator or made your own fashion brand names, prepare a shortlist of your favorites. Only choose the names you really love the most that meet all of your criteria in terms of length, interest, and relevance.
- Ask for Feedback – You might think that your clothing brand name ideas are great, but it’s important to get some other opinions. Ask for feedback from people you know, those in the industry, or even prospective customers online. This can be invaluable.
- Verify Availability – Unfortunately, some of your favorite clothing brand name ideas might already be taken. You need to check online to see which names are still available and only claim a name if it hasn’t already been claimed by some other business.
- Build Up Your Brand – A name is a great start, but it’s not the end of your branding journey. Once you’ve found a name, try to build on it with a logo, a slogan, some colors to represent your brand, and other visual elements that people will associate with your company.
RecommendationWe recommend using our creative name generator to generate creative business names.
How Expensive Fashion Brands Create Their Names
There are already so many great fashion brands out there, and some super clothing brand names are already in use. So, how did companies like Louis Vuitton, Versace, Hermes, Asos, and others come up with their unique names in the first place?
Well, one of the things that you might notice when you look at a lot of fashion brands is that the names actually come from the people who founded them. Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Balenciaga, for example, are all named after their founders.
This goes to show that sometimes, using your own name, surname, or even nickname to name your fashion brand might not be a bad idea. Founder names can convey a sense of authority and professionalism, but it can take time for them to catch on.
Wordplay and Acronyms
There are also plenty of fashion brand names and clothing line names that make use of wordplay or acronyms in some way. Asos, for example, stands for “As seen on screen”, referring to the fact that Asos is an online-retailer where shoppers buy what they see on the screen.
Some other examples of this include Net-a-Porter, which is a clever combination of “Net” (short for internet) and “Pret-a-porter”, which is French for “Ready to wear”, as well as Uniqlo, which was created by fusing the words Unique and Clothing.
Mythology and History
Another interesting naming technique that has been used by some of the biggest and best brands in the fashion and clothing industry is to take inspiration from history and even mythology.
Nike, for example, is one of the biggest sportswear brands in the world. It was named after the Greek goddess of victory, and the Nike “swoosh” logo was inspired by the goddess’ wing.
Hermes, too, comes from Greek mythology, as Hermes was the messenger of the gods. Using Greek, Latin, or other historical words can be a way to draw attention to your brand.
Relevant name generators and articles
Related: Marketing Company Name Generator
Related: Web Design Business Names
Related: How to Start a Web Design Blog
Related: Brand Name Generator