Futuristic Business Name Generator
Generate name ideas for your Futuristic Business below.
Complete Guide to Naming Your Futuristic Business
Our futuristic business naming guide will help you think about much more than just a name, we’ll look at your Brand Goals, Target Market, Demographic Interests, Analyze Competitors Names, Brainstorm Ideas and get futuristic business name inspiration.
Brand Goals & Target Market
Industries are constantly developing as new technologies and science revolutionises the way we see and do things. Futuristic company names can be used across any industry, for businesses that are advanced or at the forefront of their trade. As such, they are particularly common amongst start-ups or tech companies that wish to be seen as innovative or revolutionary.
A great starting point for generating a futuristic business name for your company is to ask yourself – what do I want the brand of my futuristic business to communicate? (We’ve written more extensively on brand here)
There are certain words that are literally associated with ‘the future’ by definition, which you may consider incorporating in to your futuristic business name, such as ‘advanced’, ‘future’, ‘forward’, ‘innovate’, ‘beyond’, ‘virtual’, etc.
There are also certain styles of language that are generally associated with being futuristic as they are related to progressive, new-age industries of technology and science. For example, ‘cyber’, ‘crypto’, ‘quantum’, ‘synth’, ‘digital’, ‘bionic’ etc.
And of course, anything related to the galaxy or solar system is easily related to being futuristic, as human expands our knowledge and interest in the increasingly accessible world(s) around us.
Considering the interests of your target audience is another helpful approach when thinking of a futuristic business name.
For example, assuming a futuristic business is targeting people with a general interest or understanding of technological advancements, you might chose a name that begins with the letter “i”, paying homage to the infamous ‘iPod’, ‘iPad’, ‘iPhone’ brands.
Furthermore, the growing interest in being eco-friendly and sustainable is by definition concerned with the future. Thus words or phrases beginning with ‘e-‘ or ‘eco’ are often used to appeal to this modern, environmentally conscious mindset.
Competitor Name Analysis
No doubt revolutionising the music download industry, this popular digital music provider follows an increasingly common trend of adding a catchy suffix to the end of a word to make a business sound modern or innovative. Other examples include Shopify and Digify.
Another common trend that is generally associated with a innovative or futuristic business involves compounding two seemingly unrelated words, like face and book. Other examples include YouTube, LinkedIn, PayPal, Urbanspoon, Snapchat, DropBox… the list goes on and on!
Not a modern business nowadays, but back in the late 1980’s when manmade stone was revolutionising the building and construction industries, Quantum Quartz positioned itself as an innovative, progressive company by using a scientific-sounding word in their business name.
A more literal example, Advanced Hair Studios quite simply uses a word related to the future in ‘advanced’ to promote the fact that their business focus is on providing modern, innovative services.
Another example of a compounded name, SpaceLab, a state-of-the-art design company, draw heavily on the scientific connotation to ensure they’re perceived as being at the forefront of their industry.
Is there a more futuristic industry than space travel? Virgin Galactic cleverly include a space-related word to the already infamous ‘Virgin’ brand – as do many of the other private space travel companies such as SpaceX and SpaceDev.
Futuristic Business Name Inspiration
Taking in to account the advice provided above, here are some further examples/inspiration for futuristic business name ideas:
- Orbit Assembly: for a business that focuses on building or construction of the futuristic style – this name incorporates a space-related word to give a futuristic connotation, as well as a build or construction related word to describe the industry.
- IntelliFoam Solutions: this business name suggests that the company is using some sort of advanced technology to provide innovative solutions. The word foam could be swapped out for any other word that relates to the company’s product or service.
- Galastic Clothing: an example of the modern technique of blending two words together (galaxy and elastic), you would naturally assume this clothing range would be producing modern, futuristic style clothing. Similar examples of blending words used for innovative companies include Pinterest (pin and interest) or Instagram (instant and telegram).
- Eco-Pave Co.: including a word such as ‘eco’ in your business name naturally associates it with sustainable or environmentally friendly commitments, which is a popular mindset and approach for the future of most industries.
- Virtuora Developments: don’t be afraid to make-up words that resemble other words commonly associated with being futuristic, such as virtuora (virtual). Other examples include ‘Cyberixa’ or ‘Techarius’ – as long as they are catchy, easy to say and spell, and somewhat relate to your futuristic business.
- Neo-Connect: the word ‘neo’ can be used in front of any other word to mean new, revised or modified – making it a good option for a business who is providing a innovative service.
What Not to Name Your Futuristic Business
As with most business names, it is always advised to avoid long-winded or hard to spell business names, as these are not only hard to remember, but can make it difficult to search for online… a crucial marketing avenue for any modern business.
Having said that, there is a common trend in new-age businesses of deliberately misspelling words, or completely making up words that are really just catchy sounds, such as Google, Skype and Hulu. The obvious thing to notice here is that these are all short, simple sounds, making them easy to remember and pronounce.
It is not advised to include localised names such as the city or suburb the business is located, unless a local community vibe is the unique selling point of your business. As the nature of most futuristic businesses is involved with being global, advanced and connective, a localised name would most often not be appropriate.
Of course, it is always recommended to avoid business names that may be deemed as offensive or marginalising.