Wyoming Business Name Search
Before searching the Wyoming Business Name Database, spend some time thinking up possible business names for your new business. It’s best to use a name that is unique and easily distinguishable from other existing business entities within Wyoming.
We suggest coming with several name ideas, just in case your first and second choices are unavailable. If you’re struggling to come up with unique business names, try our business name generator below.
Generate Business Name Ideas
Search business name availability
To check on business name availability in Wyoming, you can go to this website to complete a search within the Wyoming Business Name Database.
Searching via the business name database is a free service provided by the Wyoming Secretary of State. A search of existing Wyoming business names does not guarantee you will get the name you want.
Things to keep in mind:
– search both the singular and plural forms of the name.
– punctuation, spacing, and capitalization will not register in the database.
– inactive names are available only if the sub-status appears as “archived.”
– certain small changes do not make a name distinguishable from an existing name. Refer to How to Choose a Business Name for more information.
The Wyoming Secretary of State also offers a download of the complete Wyoming business entity database.
At this time, there are no other ways to search for available business names in Wyoming.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can register your business name online or via mail in one of two ways:
1. You can reserve the name you would like to by filling out a Reservation of Name form.
- You will need to pay a $50 filing fee.
- The name reservation will take 3 to 5 business days to process once it’s received.
- A reserved name will be held for 120 days.
2. Or, you can immediately file the Articles of Organization.
- Filing an Articles of Organization requires a fee of $100. Paper filings will take 3 to 5 business days to be processed once they have been received.
- You can complete the online Articles of Organization here by clicking the green “Start Now” button. This option is available only for LLCs, Profit, and Nonprofit entities. An additional $2 fee will be required for filing online. You will have 30 minutes to complete the online Articles of Organization.
To reserve your business name, you’ll need to prepare and file this simple document. The filing fee is $50.
To complete the Articles of Organization, you will need to know this information:
- name of the business,
- physical address of the business,
- mailing address of the business,
- name and address of the Registered Agent.
The filing fee for a paper copy of the Articles of Organization is $100 and the online application fee is $102.
If your ideal business name is already in use, you might consider the information as provided in How to Choose a a Company Name provided by the Wyoming Secretary of State:
These words or characters are not considered distinguishable:
(d) special characters such as &
(f) spacing between two words
(g) plural forms of words
(h) company designators such as LLC, Inc., Co., etc.
If you’re still unable to find a business name that suits you, try our business name generator to get unique name ideas (click here to find our business name generator).
Registering your business Domain/website
Don’t make the mistake of forgetting to check if the domain name is available for your business. The last thing you want is to register your business name and find out another competitor or company already has a website with your name! Use our domain check below to instantly check availability.
Enter your business name to check domain availability
US Business Name Search
Select a State