Mexico Business Name Search
Before searching the Mexico Business Name Database, you can save time by making sure your business name is unique and distinguishable from other existing business entities within the Mexico business name database. We suggest coming up with a few name ideas, in case some are unavailable. You can also download the full Mexico entity name guidelines here (click here to download)
Generate Business Name Ideas
Search business name availability
Contacting the local Secretary of State (SOS) office via Phone or Email is free and is the most reliable way to check your business name availability.
Online, you can search for Mexico businesses entities for free via the New Mexico Secretary of State Business Service website (click here to visit), simply enter your business name into the “entity name” field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Detailed information about business name registration is available via the Secretary of State website.
– The SOS website charges a small filing fee for document filing and processing.
– You have the option to first register a business name of interest. The registration is valid for a period of 120 days.
– There are no requirements for the registration of a separate trade name but you’re free to go through with the option in case it will benefit your business.
To register your business name, you’ll need to deal with the following:
– Download and fill out all of the required forms.
– Determine whether you want to go through with expedited filing in order to complete the registration faster. Additional fees will apply.
– Provide the required documents and information pertaining to your business entity (permits, location, address, contact details, etc.).
– If you would like to conduct business under another name, you will also need to go through with the DBA (trade name) registration process.
– File the article of organization with the state of New Mexico.
A business name that is already in use cannot be registered a second time.
This is the main reason why entrepreneurs are asked to carry out a thorough business entity search before moving forward with the registration process.
Not only will a derivative name be very difficult to register, it could get you in some legal trouble with the entity that went through with the registration first.
Even if you’re adamant on registering a certain business name, you will have to look for another option in case such a business entity exists already. Choosing a suitable and legally distinguishable alternative can save you from serious issues down the line.
If you’re still unable to find a business name that suits you, try using our business name generator to get unique name ideas (click here to find our business name generator).
Registering your business Domain/website
Don’t make the mistake of forgetting to check if the domain name is available for your business. The last thing you want is to register your business name and find out another competitor or company already has a website with your name! Use our domain check below to instantly check availability.
Enter your business name to check domain availability
US Business Name Search
Select a State