The Best LLC Services
Not every LLC service is the same. Each company offers different services at different price points. You can choose from basic packages or add on a variety of services to help meet your needs during the LLC formation process and beyond.
We’ve looked carefully at some of the best LLC services to help you get started in making your decision about which are the best LLC services for you. Need to know more about the best LLC services, then continue reading below.
How We Ranked the Best LLC Services
To find the best LLC services, we’ve analyzed LLC services’ cost, reliability, usability, features, as well as user and expert reviews. From this, we have made sure that you receive the details of the best LLC services out there in the market.
Take a Look at the Best LLC Services in 2022
Are you thinking about starting an LLC? Use our top LLC choice listed above to compare the best LLC services in 2022.
Choosing a top-rated LLC service can help give you peace of mind and provide you with a stress-free LLC-formation experience.
Conclusion: Methodology to Determine Best LLC Services in 2022
The best LLC service is undoubtedly the service that provides more features at a reasonable price. They make starting up an LLC a smooth process, taking the hassle out of the piles of paperwork that would otherwise be involved. Between filing annual reports and hiring the requisite agent, they make LLC creation simple.
Our method to determine the best LLCs is as thorough as possible. We take the highest ranking LLCs from multiple ranking services to sort out the very best LLCs. Once we’ve established the best, we go through multiple user reviews as well as expert analysis to list out the top features and key metadata. Then, we look at the recorded demos of each product or make our own recorded demos where possible.
After we’ve analyzed the demos, we look at the expert evaluation of the user experience and user interface for design and usability. After all, a huge portion of what makes an LLC service first class is how the client is treated and how navigable the interface is.
Lastly, we utilize search intent data for each LLC service, the website traffic trends, Google trends, and social listening tools to establish which of the best LLC services outclasses the rest.
Out of over 100 competitors, this is the best LLC service. However, the list includes many others, some of which may be superior to your unique needs. Of course, individual need often trumps generic “Best service,” so it’s important to analyze each to find which will work most efficiently for you. One way to do so is to test their services, take advantage of any free trial available, and determine the LLC service for you.
Now, let’s take a closer look at what LLC services are, how they can help you, and which companies you should consider using for your new business.
LLC Services Guide
Limited liability companies (LLCs) provide a degree of liability protection and legal separation for business owners. Owning an LLC rather than another type of business can help protect the business owners’ personal assets separate from liabilities and debts related to their business.
Not only does owning an LLC help protect your personal assets, but it also helps to give you more credibility when your customers are doing business with a company rather than you as an individual.
If you’re trying to figure out how to start an LLC, there are several steps that you must follow.
For example, every state except New York requires you to have a registered agent. You’ll also need to fill out your state’s unique paperwork and gather specific documentation before filing your articles of organization.
Many people form an LLC in a different state than the one in which they live because other states offer more advantages. More people choose to create a Delaware LLC than any other type because of its fast filing process and increased protection for LLC owners. A Georgia LLC provides exemptions from Georgia Corporate Income Tax. Meanwhile, an Illinois LLC offers the same limited liabilities as corporations with more simple creation and operation requirements.
On the other hand, many people decide against creating a California LLC because of all the tax disadvantages.
If you’re confused about where to form your LLC and what to do to create it, you don’t have to go through the creation process alone. The process need not be stressful and confusing if you let one of the best LLC services do all or most of the work for you.
What Are LLC Services?
LLC services specialize in creating limited liability companies in the United States on the state level.
If you are thinking of creating an LLC, using an LLC service can help lighten the load of the business formation process.
Each state has its own laws and regulations surrounding business formation. LLC services specialize in understanding the laws and regulations in a particular state or even several states concerning forming an LLC.
However, the best LLC services offer more options beyond just the services required to create your LLC.
What Do LLC Services Do?
After you complete an initial form online explaining your needs, the LLC service will assign a professional to help you, depending on your specific needs and which services you ordered.
LLC services provide a variety of offerings that help you form your LLC. They help entrepreneurs save time and money by:
- Assisting with completing required paperwork,
- Helping you to understand complicated business jargon,
- Keeping your LLC legally compliant,
- Filing documentation with your state to create your new LLC,
- Offering additional services that a new LLC might need.
LLC Services Meaning
LLC services are all the services that LLC service companies provide to help entrepreneurs create new LLCs. Some services are available only during the creation of the LLC, while some of the best LLC services offer extra features that assist LLCs on an ongoing basis.
Main Features of LLC Services
While LLC services offer a variety of features, the main features you can expect from an LLC service include the following:
- Helping you complete documents necessary to form an LLC,
- Having customer service representative available to help answer any questions you may have,
- Helping you file LLC formation documents.
Benefits of Using LLC Services
While you can do the paperwork for forming an LLC yourself or hire a lawyer, many people choose to hire an LLC service instead. There are several benefits of using an LLC service.
Ensuring Correctness of Paperwork
Improperly-completed or incomplete paperwork can invalidate the formation of your LLC.
While it’s possible to find information online about completing the paperwork to form an LLC, there’s no guarantee that the information is correct and up-to-date for your state.
Using an LLC service ensures that you complete all the paperwork necessary for forming an LLC and that you complete it correctly in accordance with current state laws.
Saving You Time
Using an LLC service can help save you time in several ways:
- You don’t have to research all the laws and paperwork for forming an LLC.
- You don’t have to spend time finding the format to create an LLC.
- Using an LLC service may be faster than hiring a lawyer, who may have a lot of other work to handle before getting to your case.
- You won’t have to redo the forms for creating an LLC if you do them incorrectly.
Saving You Money
The first way an LLC service can save you money is that it’s often cheaper than hiring an attorney. The most that LLC services charge for their basic package is $99. However, you’re likely to spend $1000-$1500 at the low end to hire an attorney.
The second way that an LLC service can save you money is that it can prevent you from having to pay to file all the documents again if you file them on your own incorrectly.
Providing Tools You Need to Form an LLC
LLC services provide forms and services necessary to form an LLC. Since they’re all right at your fingertips, you don’t have to look for them on your own. They may also provide services you didn’t know you needed for the LLC formation process and beyond.
Answering Your Questions
All the best LLC services have a helpful customer service base to answer all your questions about LLC formation. You can usually contact them by phone or online chat to discuss any needs or doubts that you have.
Which Companies Should Buy LLC Services
It is possible to form an LLC without any legal help because no state requires LLC owners to use legal counsel to set up an LLC. However, hiring a lawyer or LLC service to help set up your LLC ensures you don’t make any mistakes in the setup process. If in doubt, always seek help.
There are various types of companies that can benefit from choosing an LLC:
Companies That Want to Ensure They Complete the LLC Formation Process Correctly
Using an LLC formation service can help you have peace of mind that you’re completing the LLC formation process correctly. LLC services provide professionals and attorneys who have experience with all the ins and outs of LLC formation. So, if you’re not sure you’re doing everything correctly, using an LLC formation company can help allay those fears.
Companies on a Budget
If you don’t have thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer to help form your LLC, an LLC service may be a more affordable option if you don’t feel comfortable doing the paperwork yourself. The best LLC services cost between $0 and $99 for the basic services necessary to create your LLC.
Companies with Multiple Owners or Investors
It’s especially helpful to seek legal counsel or help from LLC services if the LLC has multiple owners or investors. Paperwork and contracts can become more complicated with more people involved in your company. Therefore, getting help rather than trying to go it on your own can ensure that you’ve covered all your bases.
Companies That Need an Articles of Organization
Many LLC services offer Articles of Organization as part of their filing package. Not having to look for an Articles of Organization template or structure that fits your company’s needs can save you time, especially if you have an LLC with a complex structure.
Using an LLC service to create your Articles of Organization can also save you money if you had planned to hire a lawyer to draw one up for you.
What Do LLC Services Cost?
It’s important to know what you can comfortably afford when budgeting for LLC services. When looking at costs of LLC services, it’s also necessary to know what the service includes for the price.
Most LLC services have several options. Overall, the price will depend on the services you need, the add-ons you choose, and how much of the process you plan to do on your own.
No matter which service you choose at which price point, you will receive the full formation of your LLC. However, some of the best LLC services offer additional services or quicker turn-around times than others.
At a bare minimum, you will need to pay the state filing fee before paying the cost for the LLC service. For some states, the filing fee mostly starts from $40. Meanwhile, in other states, it costs several hundred dollars.
LLC Service Price Ranges:
- $0-$99 + state fees
- $35-$40 per-document rate
- $99-$125 additional yearly to retain registered agent service
- $32-$40 additional monthly to retain legal advice
Some services offer the option to only pay for the features you need rather than one flat rate. Other services offer an extensive array of add-on services. You may see up to $1000 of attempted upsells on your service order form. Thus, it’s up to you to decide what you really need.
Types of LLC Services
LLC services offer a variety of features. The most common LLC services that you will find include:
- Company name availability search: Some states like Alabama require that you reserve your business name before you form your LLC.
- Online access to documents: LLC services offer templates and document creation services.
- Registered agent services: All states except New York require LLCs to have a registered agent to accept tax and legal documents on your behalf. Some services offer a registered agent for free for the first year with a yearly fee afterward.
- Articles of Organization: Articles of Organization are part of the legal documentation necessary to form an LLC. Some services offer complimentary Articles of Organization, while others offer it as an add-on.
- Operating agreement: Operating agreements help define the terms of the way an LLC functions. Not all LLC services include one in their basic package, but some do.
- Contract templates: Contract templates allow you to have an example when personalizing your documents for a semi-do-it-yourself solution.
- LLC kit: This item is usually a binder that includes your company’s name, along with a decorative seal.
- Rush filing: If you need a quick turn-around time to become a legally-functioning LLC, rush filing can be extremely valuable.
- Real-time order tracking: This feature allows you to know how far along your documents are in the process.
Trends in LLC Services
Some trends you will see among LLC-service providers is to not stop at just offering LLC formation services alone. Many of the best LLC services have become forward-thinking about what a new LLC will need as they get their business off the ground.
Some extras you can look for as add-ons or complimentary services include:
- LLC dashboard: Some companies provide a dashboard that helps you track important deadlines and receive compliance reminders even after you’ve finished filing for LLC formation.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): While you can get an EIN from the IRS for free, some of the best LLC services offer an option to do the paperwork for it alongside your LLC paperwork so that it’s one less thing to worry about later.
- Tax assistance: Some offer tax advice, while others will evaluate your company finances and recommend a licensed CPA to help you with your financial and tax needs.
- Annual report services: Some of the best LLC services offer an add-on to help remind you of the yearly tasks you need to do related to your LLC.
- Additional legal services: Additional legal services may include a certain amount of service for each new legal matter with a discounted rate for additional time needed thereafter.
- Business domain, website, and email: This add-on feature can help you get your business off the ground more quickly and help you look more professional
- Business address and mail forwarding: It can be good to have a non-PO-box business address separate from your home address if you have a home business. Some of the best LLC services offer new LLCs a physical business address with a mail forwarding service.
Some companies include everything in their base cost, while others let you pick and choose only the features you need. Other companies offer additional add-on features to their base packages.
Which Are the Best LLC Services?
While we have recommendations available, in the end, the best LLC formation services depend on your needs versus your budget.
If you’re on an extremely tight budget, the best LLC services for you might be ones like Incfile, which only charges $0 for their services, plus the state fee.
For companies that wish to retain attorney services after forming their LLC, the best LLC services might be a company like RocketLawyer.
If you’re looking for lifetime expert business support extras, the best LLC services for you might lie in a company like ZenBusiness.
However, choosing the best LLC services for you involves several considerations.
How to Choose the Right LLC Services
Just like with any other service you use, it’s important to do your homework before choosing the best LLC formation service to help you set up your LLC. The ideal service will fit into your budget while offering enough features to ensure that you’re covered legally.
There are several things to look at when determining which LLC service is right for you:
- Budget: You need to analyze your budget to determine how much you can afford to pay for the best LLC services to fit your needs.
- Best value for your money: You’ll want to compare what services are available in comparison to their price.
- Experience: State laws surrounding LLCs differ. While an LLC service may have been in operation for a long time, it’s important to ensure that the service you choose has experience forming LLCs in your state.
- Service variety: Determine if the LLC service offers all the services you need or that your state requires.
- Reviews and recommendations: Recommendations from people you know who own LLCs can help you find a good service. Online reviews are also helpful to determine if the service is right for your needs. Be sure to check their BB and Trustpilot ratings.
- Popularity: Popular services are popular for a reason. Choosing a company that falls at the top of many top-10 lists can give you peace of mind that you’re making the right choice.
- Guarantees: Check the LLC service site to discover what type of guarantees they make to mitigate your risk. Some services have risk-free 100% money-back guarantees.
- Ease of use: Look through the service’s website to see how easy the process is.
- Customer service: A good LLC service offers online chat or phone customer service options to help guide you through the process.
- Complimentary services: Some of the best LLC services offer other free services as a perk of being their customer.
- Familiarity with your state: It’s important to choose a service that has familiarity with how to set up an LLC in your state.
- Legal professionals: You’ll definitely want to make sure that the LLC service that you choose has legal professionals on staff to ensure that they maintain compliance with all state laws.
- Order processing time: Some companies can process your order within one business day, while others take up to a month.
- Features: Shop around to determine which features each LLC service has before choosing the best LLC service for you. You need to look for a service that offers the features you need for a reasonable price.
After looking through our list of the best LLC services, you will know the pros and cons of each service based on your specific needs and the features you want.
Summary of the Best LLC Services
Now that you understand what LLC services are and what types of services are available, it’s time to choose your LLC service. You can choose from a basic package or choose add-ons that will help your business as it grows.
There’s no need to feel overwhelmed during the checkout process now that you understand available service options better. While you can add on a variety of options, the basic service cost will provide everything you need to become a bonafide LLC.
Choosing a reputable LLC service provider from our list of the best LLC services can help you rest assured that you’re choosing a company that has helped thousands of other people just like you.
If you have any questions, your LLC service’s customer service can help guide you so that you don’t feel lost in the process of creating your LCC.
So don’t worry, Good Luck with finding the best LLC service from our list.